Tuesday 10 March 2015

An Embarrassment of Awards!

Ok, I know awards get passed around, but I've had most of these for a while without thanking those that gave them to me! As the young things would say "My Bad"! So since I have accepted them, it is only polite to post them for all to see.

I know there are rules schmools with some of them, but as President of NUCAT I question the need to fulfil the rules schmools without proper discussion and negotiation about rights and privileges! 

Putting all that aside I am a grateful kitty - yes I'm full of grate - to have so many buddies.

Scroll through all the pretty pictures until you get to a lot of writing again. It'll be worth it! Honest! :)

From Nissy




(we are now at 136,000)













I accepted one recently from both Sammy from One Spoiled Cat and Dezi from Dezizworld. It is the Real Neat Blog Award. Thank you very much, both :)


Being born and brought up in the decidedly un-neat rural North Wales, I understand that "Real Neat" is a good thing! Real meaning "not imaginary" and Neat meaning "tidy" I'll take that! I'm definitely not a figment of The Staff's imagination and I like my things arranged just so.

There are seven questions to answer from each of the awarders, so I have combined them to make fourteen in all (you can never hear enough about me, right?) Though some might be answered by the pollexed personage - she is a person of a certain age!!!

From Dezi - my answers in red

1. Do you hav any nicknames? Yes and some are quite embarrassing and will only be divulged under duress! Mr Poo is the main one. Also The Boy, My Boy, Poopy and Whozabooful'ngorjusshandsomestkittyboy? *rolls eyes*
2. If so, what’s yous favowit, why and how did you get it? Well, not the last one that's for sure! I haven't interrogated the humans as to what strange mental processes they go through in order to come up with something like "Poopy"!!!
3. What’s yous favowit season and why? Summer, without a doubt. As I go outside and hunt and play with Tigger, my buddy. 
4. Do you hav any siblings, and if so how many? I am an enigma. Nobody knows. I was a foundling.
5. Awe you da oldest or yungest? And do you fink you get tweated diffewent cuz of it? See answer to 4 above. 
6. Do you hav a favowit tweat or dessert and what is it? Treat!!! Any make chicken and cheese, though since we've had the NUCAT campaign to change the name of treat, it is now officially a vitamin! ;) 
7. Do you hav a favowit game or past time, and what is it? Apart from napping you mean? I quite like chatting to The Staff as she is a very good listener. However, my favourite pastime is playing with the knitting needle that the very old human in the house - my grandma - click click clicks with all the time. The noise makes me very antsy!! I love it. The human has to be careful that I don't get poked with it by mistake! AND I love being brushed the wrong way. I know! Crazy, isn't it!

From Sammy

1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live and why? The Staff says, the Black Forest and I say here is just fine thank you :)
2. What’s your all time FAVORITE gift you EVER received? Tough one! There have been so many! I would say the last one I played with.
3. What scares you the most? Sudden loud noises like fireworks and the human coughing.
4. Do you think animals and humans reincarnate? No
5. Do you think there’s life on other planets? In the form of living sentient beings? No.
6. What’s your FAVORITE food? I really, really like fresh cooked chicken breast.
7. Do you enjoy OUTDOORS or being INDOORS the most? I like going outdoors, but I spend most of the time indoors as it's warm and that's where I get noms and where all my comfy napping places are.

Thank you very much to Dezi and Sammy. Now, I am supposed to pass some of these on, but do you know? I am quite exhausted. 


=^00^=


duress - to put on clothes
sentient - someone who wears perfume
enigma - possibly something embarrassing that happens at the v-e-t

=^00^=

43 comments:

  1. ooh yeah, we have those really long indecipherable nicknames too. And no, we won't share them! HA!
    Concats on the pletho-rama-award-ington!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Poopy...um... Austin! now we are all red with embarrassment! We have a plethora of awards that have never been acknowledged and which never will be acknowledge since our human can't remember who gave what and when and the rules and, and, and, as you can guess, said human gets easily discombobulated and can barely keep her head on her shoulders most days! Well done to you though and we thoroughly enjoyed your answers :)

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Concats on all those awards Austin. Those answers were interesting too, especially your nicknames. *snigger*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to rack up those awards pal, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fresh cooked chicken breast is the best. Err umm are you a closet award hoarder?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woaw !!!! MR. Poo , I'm stunned !
    So many awards !!! Concats !
    Now you can add up the new nickname " Mr. Fabulous indeed " ;)
    xox

    MR Poot Poot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ConCATS on all those awards, Poopy! You've acquired so many! We enjoyed learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a whole lotta awards, Austin. Seriously, she calls you Poopy? We wanna know why. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, Lily says that she would be happy to get smooches from you as you are a most handsome, sophisticated and educated cat!. Those are lots of awards. Concats on receiving them. As you are a close furiend, Mau wanted to tell you that one of his nicknames is Turd Bucket, so don't feel too badly about that Poopy thing. mommy was chortling at your definition of sentient. That was her favorite. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mau *sniggers* your secret is safe with me!

      *winks at Lily Olivia*

      Delete
  10. Concatulations on ALL those awards, Austin - you are one award-winning guy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pawsome answers dude and congratulations on your awards and well deserved. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness My President, you really have been raking in the bling haven't you? Concatulations are in order I believe. Now, am I correct in that a BIG PILE of awards in one place at one time is referred to as an "Embarrassment" much like a big pile of crows is a "Murder" of crows and a big pile of cows is a "Herd" ???? Whatever - I'm just so thrilled to learn some of your unfavorite nicknames as I am sure they will come in handy should I ever decide to blackmail any of my friends........(just kidding.....maybe)!

    Hugs, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sammy you are right, "Embarrassment" is the collective noun for awards like you say (well someone did) an embarrassment of riches! :) Gosh, don't we learn stuff MOL

      Delete
  13. Concats on your awards, Austin!

    Whozabooful'ngorjusshandsomestkittyboy? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your awards Austin - we hate to say this but our Mum hates it when we get awards and is supposed to put them in our sidebar (whispers) so she just ignores them and does nothing with them)!
    Please don't tell anyone.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!! Mum understands completely! She saved them up and saved them up until the guilt felt too great MOL

      Delete
  15. Congrats! Those are lovely awards :)

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! Those are lovely awards :)

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! Those are lovely awards :)

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Poopy? Really?
    I'll try to forget I saw that...
    Mr. Handsome President Austin, I enjoyed your answers and hope you had a lovely restorative nap after all that work. Congratulations!
    xxoo
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! Those are some wonderful awards...
    Have a great Wednesday...

    Noodle and crew

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well you know Austin, you and I share some characteristics! Ask me which ones later...but we do.

    ReplyDelete
  21. dood...we just joined nucat...pleez eggs cept thiz ...FISH...in lew oh mon a tarry pay mint... az we canna get ta de food servizz gurlz hand bag .... N we wood rather touch R own waste..... than a bass terd burd...☺ az part oh de union duez ~~~~~

    conga ratz on all yur awards !! way awesum Whozabooful'ngorjusshandsomestkittyboy ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mega concats on all those prestigious awards!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gweat posty Austin. Luvved learnin' even mowe 'bout ya'. Hav a pawsum day.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your plethora of awards Mr Poo, hehe...
    Our late cat used to have a favourite game of playing with a pen - only he would ignore the pen and take Mum's finger down to the bone instead.
    Dip and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bravo Austin!!! and congrats!! Well deserved
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is quite a stash of awards, Mr. President! Our mom is all embarrassed that she stopped mentioning awards or doing anything about them. We think that's why no one gives them to her any more.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Concatulations on your awards, Austin ! We loved to learn more about you by reading your answers. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  28. POOPY!????? How'd you earn that one Mr. Austin? I am dying laughing here with the nicknames!!! Congratulations on all the awards Poo... er Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sigh! I thought all these awards were a thing of the past. Concats. You’re just a wealth of information as well as an enigma.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mee-you Unccle Austin mee now knowss allott more bout you! Yur one cool mankat an mee lookss up to you...
    Conkatss on ALL yur awardss....yur thee BEST Unccle!!!
    *clickety click*
    ***paw kissess*** Siddhartha Henry an LadyMum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Pee S: LadyMum sayss yur deffynishunss are purrfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. MOL on those nicknames, Austin! I love reading all your answers. Congrats on all those awards!

    I like your attitude towards rules!

    ReplyDelete
  33. E#xcellent abundance of awards! AND mes purrticularly likes your answers to the questions! Now all that talk about vitamins has made mes want some.
    Has a great day
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, that's a lotta awards! Congrats! I can see why you're exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Well what do you know... I've found myself another blogging cat. Your Canadian colleague wll be so jealousat his Kitty Cat sea. President of NUCAT, I must congratulate you on such a beautiful blog. That banner is close to perfection. I salute you.

    Blue

    ReplyDelete
  36. Those are some mighty nice awards Austin and what a great way to acknowledge them. Great questions and answers. You all have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  37. My goodness, you are a very accomplished and well-recognized kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hahaha. Whoozabooful... WHAT?!? Lady, please be reminded that I am a man-cat.

    Hahaha. Congratulations on the accomplishments, guys! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear from you! :)